"The state of the Church represented by the foolish virgins, is also spoken of as the Laodicean state." E. G. White, Review and Herald Articles, Vol. 2, 420, 8/19/1890.
"The church is in the Laodicean state. The presence of God is not in her midst." E.G. White, Notebook Leaflets, p. 99, 1898.
"To the end of time, the presence of the Spirit is to abide with the true church." E.G. White, Acts of the Apostles, p. 55.
“The Testimony For The Church—The Laodicean Church—What greater deception can come upon human minds than a confidence that they are right when they are ALL WRONG?” Testimonies, Vol. 3, pp. 253, 254.
I asked the Lord if He would show me the reasons why current Laodicea thinks she is all right when she is all wrong, and what makes her all wrong. I asked the meaning of what Ellen White meant when she said all wrong. I asked how Laodicea could be the church militant co-ed church of wheat and tares and at the same time be the foolish virgin state when the foolish virgins are all lost. I always thought the wheat and tares dwelt together in Laodicea. I asked the Lord if He would show me the longest held cherished errors of professing Seventh-day Adventists, and He showed me that grave error.
The answers I was given are as follows:
· Laodicea thinks she is all right because of the richness of knowledge she possesses. She thinks that she has all the knowledge and that no further knowledge is necessary, when knowledge was to be ever expanding. The Reformation was to be continually unfolding. When a church concludes that it has all the light necessary and neglects a search as for hidden treasure for new light, that church begins a decline into error. I was shown this very process occurred in the other fallen churches when their Reformation died with Luther. I was shown that for most SDA’s, what was to be their continuum of the Reformation died with Ellen White.
· Ellen White said that Laodicea is no better than fallen Babylon, because she is a lukewarm, indifferent church while feeling superior because of her knowledge. She is neutral and indifferent in a spiritual crisis which she is too indolent and without spiritual discernment to detect. She looks on but does not discern what God regards as the most antichrist of spiritual crimes possible. She looks on but does not envision that she has swept away the entire Christian economy by her abominations. This is why she is all wrong while thinking she is all right. The result is to lose salvation while she thinks she is all right. That is the epitome of deception. There is no greater deception.
· The wheat and tares can dwell together in a lukewarm church of foolish virgins, but the wheat are not Laodicean. They are either Sardis, Smyrna or Philadelphia. Ellen White instructs us to study those states of the church and apply them. As soon as a church is unfaithful to the Lord’s work, a separation must occur for the wheat to mature because it is impossible for the wheat to mature amongst the corrupt. That is the reason for every separation that has ever occurred. Also, I was shown that in no uncertain terms Ellen White was correct when she said that the church as a body stands responsible for the sins of its members when such sins involve open, corrupt apostasy. The sins we are not responsible for is the personal faults of others which we know nothing about and/or cannot do anything about but pray.
· Philadelphia cannot dwell in an apostate church. That is why the disciples were gathered out of apostate Israel in A.D. 27, to be personally instructed by Jesus for 3 ½ years before they began their ministry going first to the Jews in A.D. 30 beginning on the Day of Pentecost. See Desire of Ages, 232. This accords with Jeremiah 11:15, wherein Jesus asked what His beloved had to do in His house (Temple) since she had wrought lewdness with many and then rejoiced when she thus sinned.
· It is a grave, grave error to believe that Sabbath-keeping will save you when you member with and defend others membering with a church that commits upardonable sin by: (a) Violating the second angel’s message and the Midnight Cry which gave power to that message by ecumenical liaison with Babylon’s associations, counsels/councils, girdings, and confederacies/conspiracies. Isaiah 8:9-16 and then celebrating such abominations, Jer. 11:15. (b) Adopting an antichrist belief on the human nature of Christ—that he neither came in the flesh of Adam before or after the fall, which is exactly what the Fundamentals of Beliefs states. (c) Adopting Rome’s Trinity Doctrine, which denies the Incarnation sacrifice that provided a third person to the Godhead by the Son divesting His Holy Spirit from His humanity at that time. (d) By preaching two different gospels—the true gospel and the false gospel of the Nicolaitans—only believe, as taught by mainline Christianity. The members of the disciples’ home churches never preached two different gospels. (e) By the ecclesiastical leaders not tolerating present truth light on all of the above. This is the only reason stated in Desire of Ages, 232, as to why true reformers in every succeeding generation left the church of their fathers.
Strangely, DD’s friend D, has expressed in other emails to me and thos who believe my message that he thinks that DD is okay as long as he believes the Sabbath truth and remains faithful to the Sabbath at the time of the Sunday Law, all the while DD defends membership in a theocracy that is has committed unpardonable sin making it impossible to get back on the Midnight Cry lighted pathway. WTLF, p. 14. This is a classic illustration of Adventism’s longest held serious cherished errors—the deceptive error of believing as long as they are faithful to Sabbath-keeping, they cannot lose eternal life by any other course! This is the underlying mindset of most every professing Seventh-day Adventists.
· I was shown that the oldest cherished error of lukewarm and cold apostate Seventh-day Adventists is their pet belief that if they keep the Sabbath and don’t renege on it at the great time of testing on that issue, should they live through that time, they will be saved. This was the earliest and most rampant deception among Adventists. The Jews who were destroyed in the A.D. 70 destruction of their Temple and city proper were devout Sabbath-keepers, but that did not save them. The Holy Spirit prompted the following classic illustration of the mindset of Adventists on this crucial issue:
An acquaintance of mine has fulfilled every specification of Word to the Little Flock, p. 14, by his following correspondence to a friend of his in Australia, which he has maintained for most of the last ten year period except for a few vacillations:
S_ _ _
_, I do agree there is a separation message-- but the separation does not mean
Notice the stark self-contradiction in the statement— “. . . . the separation does not mean leave the SDA Church,” versus “. . . . if they listen good if not I am to leave that SDA Church and go and find another SDA Church which is doing things right --if there are none in my area then I will have a home Church--if a person wants to leave the Church because of the apostasy that is his business as long as he does not leave the truth but to make leaving the Church or staying in it a salvation issue is wrong.--Ron makes out like if you do not believe he is a prophet you will go to hell, he also he uses NLP by constantly repeating over and over that if you do not believe what he says then you are going against God and Ellen White that is game he plays with peoples minds a form of mesmerism.~~ DD.”
In response to my
Let’s compare DD’s personal opinion (above) with what Jesus and His followers did in their day.
· DD repeats his error over and over ad infinitum, ad nauseaum, but of course that is not Neuro Linguistic Programming if he does the repeating and on SDA forums, the members know how he does indeed repeat his errors—sometimes just repeating the same post time after time after time within a few hours or less. He does not consider that his lies could be mesmerism to all who might wish to believe them.
· DD’s personal opinion totally denies Ellen White’s statement that SDA’s are a theocracy and that in a theocracy corporate responsibility accrues to every church in the World General Conference of that theocracy. DD’s opinion would apply to a church that was organized under a congregationalist system, like the Baptists, whereby each church is a separate and distinct body under its own cognizance—they hire their own pastor and pay him personally—not through a General Conference general tithe system. DD has regularly mocked the Biblical principle of corporate responsibility as portrayed in Joshua chapters 6 and 7, and seconded by Ellen G. White. DD uses Solomon’s and Ahab’s apostasy as examples that God will wink at and forgive such serious apostasy. The truth regarding those early apostasies of Israel is related in this vision: http://omega77.tripod.com/isaiahjervssolomon.htm
· I have never advocated leaving the truth of the Seventh-day Adventist church. The new movement has changed pillar doctrines of the pioneer church on the human nature of Christ and the Godhead, which Ellen White defines as a pillar, landmark doctrine.
· The same tithe money that pays the pastor(s) of what DD would consider the “good SDA churches,” also pays the pastors of the “bad” churches. That is a huge reason why corporate responsibility accrues in a theocracy structure. Even if a particular church(es) did not practice any of the abominations cited herein, it would still be corporately responsible because its tithe would go into the General Conference fund to pay all pastors—the offending pastors as well. This is why Jesus and His followers gathered out of the apostate Jewish church. Those churches did not teach four Babylonian doctrines per say, but they did reject present truth. They did reject Christ’s correction of their cherished errors. It was because of their cherished errors that Christ called them the Synagogue of Satan. Babylon is merely one the brothels of Satan’s Synagogue.
· By the same principle of being a theocracy, all of the unpardonable sin abominations cited above make every member who is aware of those apostasy abominations corporate responsible for them as long as he/she is a member. No Babylonian doctrine is any worse than a doctrine which is antichrist and sweeps away the entire Christian economy. But foolish virgins cannot see how this accrues. Thus, they will be lost because they have not dug deep enough into the mines of truth and interpreted all things so that nothing contradicts.
· In Jeremiah’s day, God told him not to pray for his generation of Jews who conspired with His enemies. Jeremiah 11:9-15. Adventists have done everything the Jews did in those verses, plus adopting Rome’s central doctrine, the Trinity Doctrine, and Babylon’s antichrist view on the human nature of Christ
· Seven years before probation closed for Israel in A.D. 34, Jesus, as the first act of His ministry, “gathered out” those who would give the gospel to the world.
· In A.D. 34, on the Day of Pentecost, 3 ½ years before Israel’s general probation closed, the disciples began calling folk out into home churches.
"Christ was a protestant...The Reformers date back to Christ and the apostles. They came out and separated themselves from a religion of forms and ceremonies. Luther and his followers did not invent the reformed religion. They simply accepted it as presented by Christ and the apostles." E.G. White, Review and Herald, vol. 2, 48, col. 2.
"The Sanhedrin had rejected Christ's message and was bent upon His death therefore Jesus departed from Jerusalem, from the priests, the temple, the religious leaders, the people who had been instructed in the law, and turned to another class to proclaim His message, and to gather out those who should carry the gospel to all nations.
As the light and life of men was rejected by the ecclesiastical authorities in the days of Christ, so it has been rejected in every succeeding generation. Again and again the history of Christ's withdrawal from Judea has been repeated. When the Reformers preached the word of God, they had no thought of separating themselves from the established church but the religious leaders would not tolerate the light, and those that bore it were forced to seek another class, who were longing for the truth. In our day few of the professed followers of the Reformers are actuated by their spirit. Few are listening for the voice of God, and ready to accept truth in whatever guise it may be presented. Often those who follow in the steps of the Reformers are forced to turn away from the churches they love, in order to declare the plain teaching of the word of God. And many times those who are seeking for light are by the same teaching obliged to leave the church of their fathers, that they may render obedience." E.G. White, Desire of Ages, 232.
"And as they persisted in their rejection of the gospel the apostle (Paul) went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space for three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God. But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus." Acts, 19:8, 9.
"Fearing that the faith of the believers would be endangered by continued association with these opposers of the truth, Paul separated from them, and gathered the disciples into a distinct body." E.G. White, Acts of the Apostles, p. 286.
Way back in the time of Shiloh, the very first settlement of the Jews after emerging from their 40 years wandering in the Sinai, faithful folk were sacrificing at home in order to protect their families from the recreant priests.
"The recreant priests added licentiousness to the dark catalogue of their crimes yet they still polluted by their presence the tabernacle of the Lord, and, laden with sin, dared to come into the presence of a holy God. As the men of Israel witnessed the corrupt course of the priests, they thought it safer for their families not to come up to the appointed place of worship. Many went from Shiloh with their peace disturbed, their indignation aroused, until they at last determined to offer their sacrifices themselves, concluding that this would be fully as acceptable to God, as to sanction in any manner the abominations practiced in the Sanctuary." E.G. White, The Signs of the Times, vol. 1, p. 264, col. 3, December 1, 1881.
DD’s friend S_ _ _ _ appears to agree with him in his following correspondence to me:
“The fact is, when Sunday is Legislated that it will be illegal to worship on Sabbath. The General Conference will then have 2 choices. They can either fold-up and close shop kissing away their over $3 billion in tithe donations per year, or they can switch to Sunday and continue. This is pure logic and inevitable. At that time as per the prophecy by EGW, they will urge their laity to worship on Sunday perhaps instructing them to keep the Sabbath in secret in their own homes. Of course this means that they will forget to choose whom they will serve. The end.”
So you see, to most professing SDA’s, the Sabbath is the be-all and end-all, even amidst’s their committing of unpardonable sin for which God gave Israel a bill of divorce centuries before their allotted 490 years of probation ended in A.D. 34.
Jeremiah 11:9-15 is as much proof as anyone should need that any generation can close its probation during its lifetime or anytime it commits the apostasy specified in those verses, regardless of any amount of Sabbath observance.
There are many grave cherished errors amongst Adventism, but the longest held one is as the Lord has shown me concerning the Sabbath. Closely allied to this is the error of thinking “once a chosen remnant, always a chosen remnant.” As important the Sabbath and being a chosen remnant is, the apostate Jews were divorced as God’s chosen remnant people in spite of that status and their Sabbath keeping--because of their apostasy and thus proving that:
"The Lord Jesus will always have a chosen people to serve Him. When the Jewish people rejected Christ, the Prince of life. He took from them the kingdom of God and gave it unto the Gentiles. God will continue to work on this principle with every branch of His work. When a church proves unfaithful to the work of the Lord, whatever their position may be, however high and sacred their calling, the Lord can no longer work with them. Others are then chosen to bear important responsibilities. But, if these in turn do not purify their lives from every wrong action, if they do not establish pure and holy principles in all their borders, then the Lord will grievously afflict and humble them and, unless they repent, will remove them from their place and make them a reproach.
God is not 'worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing' (Acts 17:25). E. G. White, The Upward Look, 131.