The Cherished Errors of The Professing Seventh-day Adventist Church
"Those who think that they will never have to give up a cherished view, never have occasion to change an opinion, will be disappointed." E. G. White, Selected Messages, Vol. 1, 37.
Are There Indeed Cherished Errors Held by The Professing Seventh-day Adventist Church?
"In the time of the Saviour, the Jews had so covered over the precious jewels of truth with the rubbish of tradition and fable, that it was impossible to distinguish the true from the false. The Saviour came to clear away the rubbish of superstition and long-cherished errors, and to set the jewels of God's word in the frame-work of truth. What would the Saviour do if he should come to us [Seventh-day Adventists] now as he did to the Jews? He would have to do a similar work in clearing away the rubbish of tradition and ceremony. "The Jews were greatly disturbed when he did this work [As are SDAs today!]. They had lost sight of the original truth of God, but Christ brought it again to view. It is our work to free the precious truth of God from superstition and error." E.G. White, Review and Herald, vol. 2, p. 308.
The direct implication is that the Saviour would have to do a similar "counterpart" work in clearing away the rubbish of tradition, ceremony, fable and cherished errors among His "chosen people" today as He did with the Jews. The Saviour is doing this via His "Swift Messengers" to the world, and the Adventist people are "greatly disturbed" that He is doing this work!
"If doubts and unbelief are cherished, the faithful ministers will be removed from the people who think they know so much. 'If thou hadst known,' said Christ, 'even thou, at east in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.'" E. G. White, Testimonies to Ministers, 409-410.
"Do not carry your creed to the Bible and read the Word in the light of your former opinions. Do not try to make everything agree with you creed. Search the Word carefully and prayerfully with a mind free from prejudice. If as you read conviction comes, and you see that your most cherished opinions are not in harmony with the Word, do not try to make the Word fit these opinions. Make your opinions fit the Word. Do not allow what you have believed or practiced in the past to control your understanding. Open the eyes of your mind to behold wondrous things out of the law. Find out what is written, and then plant your feet on the eternal Rock." E. G. White Manuscript Releases Volume Three, 432.
Laodiceans are a people who think they are all right when they are all wrong:
"The Laodicean Church.--What greater deception can come upon human minds than a confidence that they are right when they are ALL WRONG!" E.G. White, Testimonies, vol. 3, pp. 252-253.
Ellen White defined the Laodicean Church as the foolish virgin church:
"The state of the church represented by the FOOLISH VIRGINS is ALSO spoken of as the Laodicean state." E.G. White, Review and Herald, vol. 2, p. 420.
"God will arouse His people; if other means fail, HERESIES WILL COME IN AMONG THEM, which will sift them, separating the chaff from the wheat." E.G. White, Counsels to Writers and Editors, p. 40.
Not only are there CHERISHED ERRORS, but it is our work to free the precious truth of God from superstition and such cherished errors? What does Ellen White mean when she mentions SUPERSTITION? A classic example of a superstition held and propagated by professing Seventh-day Adventists is the teaching that you must be a member of their church in order to be saved. https://omega77.tripod.com/mustbemembertobesaved.htm
What did Ellen White have to say about this SUPERSTITION?:
"We are not saved as a sect; no denominational name has any virtue
to bring us into favor with God. We are saved individually as believers in
the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Firmament of Chosen Ones Who Have Never Seen a Seventh-day Adventist Church:
"A Firmament of Chosen Ones.--Among earth's inhabitants, scattered in EVERY LAND, there are those [present tense] who have not bowed the knee to Baal. Like the stars of heaven, which appear only at night, these FAITHFUL ONES will shine forth when darkness covers the earth and gross darkness the people. In heathen Africa, in the Catholic lands of Europe and of South America, in China, in India, in the islands of the sea, AND IN ALL THE DARK CORNERS OF THE EARTH, God has in reserve A FIRMAMENT OF CHOSEN ONES that will yet shine forth amidst the darkness, revealing clearly to an apostate world the transforming power of obedience to His law. Even now they are appearing in EVERY NATION, AMONG EVERY TONGUE AND PEOPLE; and in the hour of deepest apostasy, when Satan's supreme effort is made to cause 'all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond,' to receive, under penalty of death, the sign of allegiance to a false rest day, these FAITHFUL ONES, 'BLAMELESS AND HARMLESS, THE SONS OF GOD, WITHOUT REBUKE,' WILL 'SHINE AS LIGHTS IN THE WORLD.' The darker the night, the more brilliantly will they shine." E.G. White, Evangelism, 707, and Prophets and Kings, pp. 188, 189. Written in 1913 Original Source, Review and Herald Articles, vol. 6, p. 382, col. 2.
Notice the words: "Even now they are appearing...." and "these faithful ones..." This was in 1913! Such people appearing at that time, and old enough to be accountable as "blameless and faithful," would have had to be at least 13 years of age, which would make them 100 years of age as of 2000. Is this a failed prophecy of Ellen White? No indeed, and we will explain this later under the theory of Regeneration which is God's true counterpart to Satan's theory of Reincarnation.
We have proven from the Spirit of Prophecy that cherished errors and superstitions exist in the professing Seventh-day Adventist Church, and that it is our WORK to expose those errors and thereby free the precious truths of God's Word from superstition and error. We will now proceed to list the very serious cherished errors being taught by the professing Seventh-day Adventist Church.
The Cherished Errors and Superstitions Taught by the Professing Seventh-day Adventist Church
The following list of cherished errors and superstitions is by no means exhaustive, but consists of a presentation of the very serious errors and superstitions that, in many instances, could be a determinative factor as to whether or not one is saved. See the main Menu section of the Home Web Page, for the section that deals in an in-depth WEIGHT OF EVIDENCE FORMULA refutation to the following cherished errors SO THAT NOTHING CONTRADICTS. We will prove irrefutably that the following cherished errors contradict other data of the weight of evidence from Scripture and the Spirit of Prophecy. Here we will merely list the errors:
1. The totally false teaching that the bad, the tares, are shaken From the professing, organized, Seventh-day Adventist church militant to leave it the church triumphant.
2. The cherished error that we are saved as a sect, as a denomination, and that one must be a member of the sect or denomination in order to be saved. We have already proven this superstitious teaching as false. The only church where our name need be written and registered is the church of Hebrews 12:22, 23.
3. The gross error that the organized, professing Seventh-day Adventist church is unconditionally the "remnant" church no matter what it does, and there can be no more "coming out" from that church.
4. The foolish virgin error that any other SDA movement would constitute an eighth church.
5. The ignorant error that no faithful man has any part in separating the wheat from the tares.
6. That the gates of hell will under no circumstances prevail against the professing, organized, SDA church.
7. That it is impossible for the professing SDA church to fall; that it is the SDA church militant that appears as about to fall, but it does not and becomes the church triumphant.
8. That any and all sin the church has committed is pardonable, and that it is impossible for the professing SDA church to commit unpardonable sin.
9. That the professing SDA church neither can nor will ever become any part of Babylon.
10. That the seven churches of Revelation 2 and 3, designate seven literal churches in seven literal time spans of history, rather than the state of many different churches within any given seven eras of the church.
11. The error that once a church is a called out, chosen and separated "remnant," that church is always such, in spite of the ensample of the Jewish "chosen" church.
12. That the entire corporate SDA church is the bride of Christ and the 144,000 of Revelation 14:1-4.
13. That a true knowledge of the Human Nature of Jesus Christ is not essential to salvation.
14. That a true knowledge of the Sanctuary Message as it relates to the anti-typical Day of Atonement end-time setting is not essential to salvation.
15. That overcoming (righteousness by faith) as it relates to Day of Atonement overcoming in an end-time setting is not essential to salvation.
16. The cherished error that charity (love) is perfection, without the keeping of the law.
17. That God cannot and will not ever transfer His kingdom to others than the professing SDA church.
18. That there is no such thing as corporate responsibility when it comes to errors the church has committed. That the only time there is such a thing as corporate responsibility is when it comes to obedience to the leaders of the church. Robert Folkenberg made this claim in his Review articles about church authority.
19. The notion that all the people are holy and good, and do not need to be shown their sins; that indeed they have no serious sins, but have only minor defects, faults, and imperfections.
20. That there is no difference between wheat, tares, and thorns or open sinners.
21. That there can be no separation from apostate thorns before the time of the National Sunday Law.
22. That there will be no literal fulfillment of Ezekiel 9 at the SDA church sanctuaries around the world.
23. That we can join (marry) into Satan's confederacy of fallen churches to be in association, counsel, girding and confederacy with them, support them with annual fees and dues, and still be the remnant people of God.
24. That we can form a NEW MOVEMENT, NEW ORGANIZATION which removes God, and still be the remnant people.
25. That Zion is the church militant comprised of wheat, tares and open sinners.
26. That it is merely a matter of conscience as to whether one fears and shuns the church after it re-joins the confederacy of Satan, as a sister to fallen Babylon.
27. That it would take another prophet to tell us when and if the SDA church should reach the point at which separation from it would be an absolute necessity.
28. That God might have told us that there is a point at which separation from a church is absolutely necessary, but God did not define that point at which separation from a once chosen church is necessary.
29. That the leadership of the professing SDA organized church is the remnant bride of Christ, and the angel to the church of Laodicea.
30. That SDA's can imperviously hold joint Easter sunrise services in fellowship with Babylon.
31. That SDA's can receive praise from the opposers of truth, and Gold Medallions from the Pope, and still need not to be shunned as Ellen White instructed in such an event.
32. That the SDA church can bow to, and give a Gold Medallion to the Pope, and still be the true church.
33. That the altar of Ezekiel 9, at which we are to weep for the abominations committed by Jerusalem (the SDA church) is within that church structure.
34. That the professing SDA church is not a New Movement that is in the Omega of apostasy.
35. That it is necessary to be a member of the professing SDA church militant in order to be sealed.
36. That the SDA church can say they are the commandment keeping people of God, and at the same time teach that it is impossible to perfectly keep those commandments by God's grace power.
37. That the professing New Movement SDA church can teach five or more different gospels and still be the one true church. That Paul really did not mean it when he said to accurse anyone (even an angel) who comes to you with another gospel.
38. That the SDA church can reject and ignore the counsel of the Testimonies of Jesus Christ via the Spirit of Prophecy, and still be the people of Revelation 12:17, and the bride of Revelation 14:1-4.
39. That the SDA church can imperviously go to Babylonian Pentecostalism, to learn how to worship, and then have Robert Folkenberg (President of the church at the time) tell us that we must wait and see, because such celebration, charismatic style worship, might just be the beginning of the outpouring of the latter rain. In other words, that the outpouring of the latter rain would begin at the Pentecostal Church instead of the Seventh-day Adventist church!!!
40. That the church via its then President, Neal Wilson, can betray the Everlasting Gospel Commission, by telling a Federal California Court, that what Ellen White and the SDA church historically taught about Catholicism being the Beast power, "...is now consigned to the traditional trash heap."
41. That the church can "remove God,” and commit all the other elements of the Omega of Apostasy, spelled out in Selected Messages, vol., 1, 204-205, and still be the chosen church of God, or indeed a church at all, when Ellen White says that only the presence of God can constitute a church.
42. That the professing, New Movement SDA church is God's heavenly garner, barn repository, depository, at the end-time, and that the wheat is gathered into that church instead of the heavenly church kingdom of Hebrews 12:22, 23.
43. That the SDA New Movement church would have to teach Babylonian doctrines in order to become a fallen church, and the cage of every unclean bird, in order to become a part of Babylon.
44. That the message of righteousness by faith as given to the church in 1888, was none other than the same justification as taught by Luther, Calvin and the other reformers, and that the church has always believed and taught such. In other words, that the SDA Church contributed nothing to the Everlasting Gospel, other than what the past reformers contributed.
45. That there is no literal Ezekiel 9 anti-typical destruction of Jerusalem, beginning at SDA sanctuaries around the world when Ellen White says there is.
A detailed proof explanation of each of these cherished errors is continuously in process by Omega Countdown Ministries.