My March 16, 2008 Vision on Last Generation Theology
In the past few weeks I have supplicated the Lord to teach me the full and proper answers to the issue of Last Generation Theology. The answers I have received in vision this day, March 16, 2008, are fair and just to all sides on the issue and they involve additional light that should be of profound interest to all parties involved. Thus, I venture to say that if one will read this study with prayer and a sincere desire to understand the full truth on the issue of Last Generation Theology (LGT), he/she will not be disappointed with the revelation of this vision.
As in the case with Ellen White, God often let issues be fully agitated for a period of time before He gave her a vision confirming what was true and what was not true and gave additional light to set the record clear and straight. The vision He has given to me has occurred under the same pattern of events. Here is what I was shown.
All Sides Right and Wrong on Some Elements
By the evidence that the Lord has shown me, it will be clear that no side taken on the issue, even that of M. L. Andreasen, has been totally correct and dismissive of conflicting teachings on the issue. Everything in this document is part of the vision I was shown in my most recent vision, but because all truth is contingent upon itself, it will be necessary to cite some facts of truth that I have been shown and related before in order to support the new evidence that I was shown that brings a full and complete resolution to the entire issue on Last Generation Theology.
The Crux of the Divisiveness on the Issue of Last Generation Theology
The Holy Spirit showed me in no uncertain terms that the crux of the divisiveness on the issue of Last Generation Theology is the fact that the 144,000 are different from the great multitude in the degree of experience and character development they will reach before Jesus comes. The 144,000 are the bride who awakens the 10 virgins, COL, 406 and Isaiah 62:11. Zion is the bride that is married, Isaiah 62:1-5. She has a daughter, verse 11. In verse 11, Zion, the Mother, the wife of Jesus, is instructed to say something to the DAUGHTER of Zion. What she is instructed to say is a paraphrase of the Midnight Cry, Matthew 25:6. I will here juxtapose the two for you:
First, the Midnight Cry of Matthew 25: 6:
“And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh, go ye out to meet him.”
Next, the call made by Zion, the bride, to her daughter in Isaiah 62:11, which the Lord showed me is a paraphrase of Matthew 25:6:
“Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; Behold, His reward is with him, and his work before him.
Did Ellen White liken the bride to a Holy Mother and her children?
"The people of God, symbolized by a holy woman and her children, were represented as greatly in the minority. In the last days only a remnant still existed. Of these John speaks as they 'which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." E. G. White, Signs of the Times, Nov. 1, 1899, and Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, vol. 7, p. 972.
So Ellen White and Isaiah 62 agree.
The Holy Spirit showed me in vision that there is one gospel, but the response to the gospel by the bride is different from the response of her children, her daughter. This should be evident to the sincere seeker of truth, by the very fact that the Holy Mother, Zion, that is married, Isaiah 62:1-5, makes a call to her daughter. Who is the daughter?
The Daughter of Zion, the Bride
The Lord showed me in the first vision I ever experienced, that the daughter is the people that the bride makes her Midnight Cry call to, which is the Loud Cry of 1844, and Ellen White said that Cry will be repeated in the final Loud Cry at the final call out of Babylon, the fallen churches and the world. So all except the bride, Zion, who is the wife of Christ, will receive a call by Him and His wife—for the voice of God and the voice of the bride awaken ALL TEN virgins, Christ’s Object Lessons, p. 406.
Even though the gospel is ONE GOSPEL, do you begin to see a difference between the respondees to that ONE GOSPEL? God’s bride responds in a different way and to a different degree than her sons and daughters do. Does she have sons as well? Read Isaiah 62: for the answer. God showed me that her sons are the non-Christian religions of the world and the non-believers. The daughters are the fallen churches, but like the Midnight Cry of 1844, included all classes, sons and daughters, so it will go to all the world in the final Loud Cry call of the Midnight Cry.
Further Differences Between the Zion Bride (Mother—Holy Woman—wife of Christ) and the Great Multitude She Awakens
We have already seen from Matthew 25:1-6, that there is an awakening cry made. We see in verse 5 that ALL 10 virgins slumbered and slept. We saw in Isaiah 62:11 that their Mother, Zion, awakens them. We saw in COL, 406 that it is the Voice of God AND THE VOICE OF THE BRIDE that awakens all 10 virgins. The ten virgins include all people on the earth—wise virgins and foolish. Even the wise virgins are not the bride because their mother awakens them. But now we come to another difference between the Mother Zion, and her sons and daughters. That difference is explained by the correct answer to the question: Who awakens the Holy Mother, the bride, Zion? Here is the answer to that question:
"Characteristics of True Reformers.--Here [Isa. 8:11-14] are given the characteristics of those who shall be reformers, who will bear the banner of the third angel’s message, these who avow themselves God's commandment-keeping people, and who honor God, and are earnestly engaged, in the sight of all the universe, in building up the old waste places. Who is it that calls them, The repairer of the breach, The restorers of paths to dwell in? It is God. Their names are registered [written--Heb. 12:22, 23] in heaven as reformers, restorers, as raising the foundations of many generations." E. G. White, SDA Bible Commentary, Vol. 4, 1151.
So both the VOICE OF GOD AND THE VOICE OF THE BRIDE awaken the 10 sleeping virgins, but ONLY the voice of God calls the True Reformers. This is a distinct and important difference. What accounts for this difference? Why does only the voice of God awaken the True Reformers, and both the voice of God and the voice of the bride awaken ALL TEN of the sleeping virgins—the son’s and daughters of Zion, the bride? To better answer that question, I will first ask the reader a few questions:
· Why did Christ call His disciples, the 12 over and above others?
· Were His disciples called His bride? Desire of Ages, 179, says yes!
· Do all saved people go into the Temple as pillars (leaders) in the Temple? Answer: No, only the 144,000, Early Writings, p. 19. And for those who do not accept and believe Ellen White, God accommodates you in the message to Philadelphia, Revelation 3:10-12. He says that Philadelphia is kept from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon ALL THE WORLD, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
· In Rev. 3:12, Philadelphia, who is not faulted for one thing in God’s message to her as one of the seven churches of Revelation 2 and 3, is told she will be made pillars in the Temple in heaven. No other church is told that she will be pillars (leaders) in the Temple of Heaven. Is that a distinction above the people of all the other 6 churches of the 7? Yes indeed it is. Those whom God ALONE calls, as Jesus called His disciples to be among His bride, are made pillars in the Temple—they are kept through the greatest time of trouble ever known to man UNSCATHED. Is that a distinctive difference between Zion, Philadelphia and the rest of the redeemed?
· Now we want to prove that Philadelphia is Zion of Isaiah 62:1-5, who is married—the Holy Mother Wife of Christ. In Revelation 3:12, Philadelphia gets the New Name written on her forehead. Does Zion of Isaiah 62 get that NEW NAME? Isaiah 62:2 says: “And the Gentiles shall see thy RIGHTEOUSNESS, and all kings thy GLORY: and thou [ZION] shall be called by a NEW NAME, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.” So Zion, the bride, gets the NEW NAME, NEW JERUSALEM, the city (church that represents Zion in Heaven, the heavenly church). They are a group of men made perfect.
22But ye are come unto mount Sion [ZION], and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
· Keep in mind that even though there is ONE GOSPEL, we are looking for distinguishing differences between the bride of Jesus Christ and those she calls. We have learned that the 12 disciples were called directly by God—Jesus Christ. We will later discuss the reasons they were called rather than other individuals. But for now, we must grant that there are differences between the Mother, Zion, bride and those she awakens. She is made a pillar in the Temple of Heaven. She is counted as men made perfect. She equates with the 144,000 who are without guile (sin), meaning that they overcame all known sin, Rev. 14:1-4. Philadelphia must be overcomers of sin because they are not faulted for one sin. That is a distinction not mentioned in connection with any of the other of the seven churches of Revelation 2 and 3. Even though Sardis has a “few names” which have not defiled their garments; they are not made pillars in the Temple of God on Mt. Zion, as is Philadelphia. Again, we will discuss the reasons further on.
· As did the disciples, the bride, the 144,000, follow Jesus wherever He goes, such as into the Temple, for example, and only they enter therein. Christ is the High Priest, and they are the lesser priests, just as both of these entities were in place in the typical earthly tabernacle. This same reality exists in the heavenly sanctuary.
Does the Great Multitude Overcome All Sin as the Bride Does?
I am now going to relate some of the new evidence that God showed me in vision and to some it will be controversial as is any new truth.
· The Lord showed me that the prime difference between the 144,000 and the martyrs and the great multitude, is the intensity of zeal and faithfulness the bride exerts in following Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit was pleased to show me that even though all are not the Holy Woman bride of Christ, who makes the final gospel Midnight Cry awakening call to all the world, all others who respond to her call ARE NOT brought into the same covenant relationship with the Lord in degree, as is the bride. The Holy Spirit showed me these express distinctions between the bride of the final—last generation and all others of all generations who are saved:
· The bride was once zealous in the cause of Satan, but became just as zealous in the cause of Christ when God called her and she served God longer and with an intensity of zeal and fidelity not rendered by any other class of individuals.
· The bride heeded God’s instructions to sell all, buy the field and dig as for hidden treasure. She does not rely only on the discoveries of others. She discovers for herself by the aid of the Holy Spirit, the riches of the treasure trove God has hidden in His Word for those who will search it as for hidden treasure. This is the only way to strive to become, and actually become part of the bride of Jesus Christ.
· The bride will develop character over a much longer period of time than will the other classes who are saved. She knows more and she is thereby responsible for more. This is extremely important. The reason the bride survives during the greatest time of trouble ever known to planet earth, is because she alone is kept by the power of God, because of her character. She has yielded her will to be molded by His will in a far greater degree than any other people.
· The bride loves the law of God as David did, because she sees that the ten-commandment law is a law of self-sacrificing love, the very transcript of the character of Christ. Why? Because it protects every vital interest of the individual which is entirely necessary where two or more created beings with the power of choice accrue. Satan and his subjects hate the law of God and find it confining. Why, because they, like Satan, are selfish in spirit. They do not want to consider the rights of others. They want salvation, but with no bounds placed upon their selfish wishes. Anything to do with the law of God, they label as legalism in a negative sense, when in actuality, the entire plan of salvation is a very legalistic venture which is intended to vindicate not only Christ, but His law, which is a transcript of His character of self-sacrificing love for others, and thus the gospel—the means of atoning for any breach in the law, and the law itself, cannot be separated. That is proper legalism, where improper legalism is striving to keep the law on one’s own power. It cannot be done! The Jew’s proved that. But by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, with Christ, all things are possible.
· The disciples of Christ were His bride. Desire of Ages, 179. Philadelphia is His bride and Philadelphia has existed in every generation. All the seven messages to the seven churches have applied to all generations. They all existed concurrently in the days of the disciples, and they have all existed concurrently in every generation, with one state predominating in the various era’s of the church.
· The bride of Jesus Christ of all ages, every generation, including His disciples, will be raised before the loud cry, in order to participate in that loud cry and will be translated without seeing death. The Holy Spirit showed me that Jesus will not have to say to the beloved John, His disciple: “Sorry John, you were born in the wrong generation, so as not to be able to enter the Temple on Mt. Zion, as one of the 144,000 bride. The bride of all ages, all generations, will be regenerated for the final generation, and this is the church that will take the final Loud Cry message to the world. A body will be prepared for the template of the bride of all generations, as a body was prepared for Christ, and she will exhibit her character under the most improved, state of the art attempts of Satan to tempt her, but her character will stand firm. Reincarnation is Satan’s counterpart for regeneration of the bride, the 144,000. Jesus was the first-fruits of the bride and she is second, third, fourth, etc., etc.
· Another distinctive quality of the bride of Christ, is the fact that she is the wave sheaf. She is symbolized by barley, the first and earliest crop in the middle east. The harvest could not be gathered until the barley wave sheaf was waved before the Lord. Thus, the final gospel harvest will not be made, the sickle will not be set forth to the harvest until she, the bride, is made ready and numbers 144,000. Wheat is symbolic of the wise virgins of the ten who slept and were awakened by the barley bride.
· When God spoke to the church of Philadelphia, he meant the original Philadelphia which existed in His era, as well as all Philadelphians in every generation. As a multitude was raised at His resurrection to give the gospel to the then known world, so will the bride of all generations be raised to give the final message, but they will be raised by being born according to the common manner of birth. I was shown that they will recognize one another at the special resurrection—THAT IS PART OF THE SPECIAL RESURRECTION, They will recognize who they are at the special resurrection of the 7th plague. What is your greatest proof that this is true? The very fact that to Philadelphia is made the promise that she will be kept through the time of trouble that is to come upon the entire world—Revelation 3:10. What more proof should you require? Do you believe God? Then believe His Word in that verse.
· The 144,000 are the only class who overcome to the degree that they do—WITHOUT GUILE—SIN. They put all sin out of the life. They develop character over a longer period of time. They are called directly by God because He sees qualities in them that others do not possess. They will risk all for His cause. They would give their life if need be in their zeal for Him.
· The Holy Spirit showed me that no other people are without guile other than the 144,000.
How New Movement Adventism is Right and Wrong on Last Generation Theology—How Some Reformers Have been Right and Wrong on Some Aspects of Last Generation Theology
Based on what I have already divulged of my vision, it should be somewhat evident that all sides to the issue of Last Generation Theology have been errant to some degree. M.L. Andreasen and his proponents would expect all who are saved to arrive at the same level as the 144,000 bride. The Lord has shown me in no uncertain terms that such is NOT the case. My angel showed me that when God said that only the 144,000 are without guile, He means exactly that, no more, no less.
I asked my angel this question: Would not the Day of Atonement demand that all who are saved will have to put away all sin. My angel responded with love tones that I will remember every day for the remainder of my days: “Brother Ron, what do you think happened to those who died between the annual Day of Atonements in the ancient Jewish economy? They were judged according to their trend and they will be saved if they loved the law of God and were doing all in their power to obey Him out of a motive of faith in, and love for God, and for the justice and obvious protection His law affords all men. Such will be safe to save. They would not sin unless sorely tempted by Satan. They will not challenge the government of God when Satan is annihilated. At the end-time, God will lay away to rest all whom He has not called to be His bride, but have expressed their love and devotion to their ability according to the faith they exercised. They loved God, but they did not develop characters that would survive the greatest time of trouble at the end of the antitypical Day of Atonement, so they cannot be kept by God during that time, nor function as His faithful bride in the Temple of heaven. The same principle applies to all, other than the 144,000, who are saved at the end-time and in every generation. Their sins cease to enter the Sanctuary by their being laid to rest and/or martyrdom. There will be many martyrs.”
I responded: But what about the fact that we are in the Antitypical Day of Atonement? Does not the same standard apply to all? In the ancient economy of the Jews, on the Day of Atonement, all had to afflict themselves and put sin away or they were cast out?
My angel responded as though he had already anticipated my question, and said: “My answer is relative to what I have already said. Those who have had faith enough to believe that God’s government and character is just, are not a threat to His kingdom. They would not sin if they were not tempted by Satan. But they have not exercised faith in, nor loved Christ, to the degree the 144,000 have. The 144,000 triumphed because of their great zeal and love for Christ and their desire to vindicate Him, His Law, and thereby His character, by overcoming to a complete degree all known sin in their lives. They are not saved because of that. They are not saved because of their overcoming sin. They are saved on the same basis all men are saved, belief, faith in the merits of Christ’s sacrifice, but they are rewarded as being pillars in the Temple because of their devotion in proving that it was and is possible to love Christ enough to keep His law, His character out of a motive of love and faith. They are proof that it was possible for all men to keep God’s commandments, but man could not do so after the fall without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
Character perfected before Christ comes-- "Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own." E.G. White, Christ's Object Lessons, p. 69.
The bride of Christ permits the indwelling Holy Spirit to reproduce the character of Christ in her mind and soul.
The more love and faith they exercise, the more they are given until they finally love Christ too much to sin. They love Christ and hate sin to such a degree that they live to vindicate His character of self-sacrificing love and to prove the charges of Satan against Christ, as totally without substance. The difference between the 144,000, the martyrs and the great multitude, involves the degree of love, faith and devotion based on love and faith. It is one of character development based on self-sacrificing love and faith—the love and faith achieved by the indwelling Divine Spirit of Christ, as promised by the New Covenant whereby His law, a transcript of His character, would be put in the minds and hearts of men, thus making them AT-ONE-MENT with Christ, and regenerated to His image.
All who do not aspire to the character development of the 144,000, but who are safe to save because they do not rebel against God’s law and say it is impossible to keep, will be laid to rest or will be required to be faithful unto the death of martyrdom. They will be judged and rewarded according to the trend of their works and their degree of love for Christ.
I thanked and praised my angel for such a loving and beautiful resolution to the conflicting views surrounding Last Generation Theology and what God expects of those who are saved.
The 144,000 Will be Priests During the Millennium
During the millennium, folk like the thief on the cross will be taught and brought to maturity in the stature of Christ by the assistance of the 144,000 Temple priesthood.
Who and How One Side has Been Wrong—Who and How the Other Side has Been Wrong
Those who have striven to be true reformers in the cause of God, have clearly erred in expecting all to come to the standard of the 144,000. It is as simple as that. The apostates have gone to the exact opposite extreme and said that all, including the 144,000, will not overcome all known sin this side of glorification—that ALL will continue to sin and confess sin until Jesus comes. That teaching obviously fulfills what Ellen White saw—THE SANCTUARY GONE, THE ATONEMENT GONE. Why? Because without the complete overcoming of the 144,000, the Sanctuary could not be cleansed of sin, and the character of Christ would not be vindicated by the efficacy of the New Covenant, the law, the transcript of Christ’s character, being placed in the heart of man, thus, the 144,000 receive the mind of Christ, and attain to the fullness of the stature of Christ. Will the true reformers correct their mistake? The true among them will. Will the leaders of Omega Apostasy New Movement Adventism correct their mistake? Nay, they will allow nothing to stand in their way, and their apostasy will wax stronger until Jesus comes, says Ellen White.
There are many amongst the leaders of the professing Seventh-day Adventist church who make no distinction between the 144,000 bride, the martyrs and the great multitude. Because all receive a white robe, they are all lumped into the same group. I was shown that it is because of the huge implications of this error, and their desire to be accepted by worldlings, that God’s people have become involved in the omega of apostasy—teaching a theory and imbibing a lifestyle that totally annihilates the Sanctuary and the Atonement, just as Ellen White prophesied in the Alpha of Apostasy.
I was shown that the following words by J. Wilfred Johnson are truth: “All those whose characters are righteous but who have not attained to the fullness of the stature of Christ, who have depended upon the substitutionary merits of Christ’s righteousness to obtain their ticket to salvation, (they all have, for that matter, but in a different sense) – those who have not attained to the complete fullness of the stature of Christ but who still manifest shortcomings and faults, but who nevertheless believe in the Lord Jesus as their personal Saviour, and who are co-operative with the government of heaven – I say these, whose characters have also been tested since 1844, are the great multitude who will be laid to sleep again, but on whom the second death will have no power; for at the coming of Jesus they will be raised into the fullness of their former lives.” J. Wilfred Johnson, Panorama of Truth, Volume One, p. 84.
In the above sense, every person who has ever lived will be regenerated in the time of the Investigative Judgment, and prove their character by a LIVE TESTIMONY. It is appointed for man once to die and then the judgment—the Investigative Judgment, but the death to which this Bible refers is a sleep and not death in the sense of the second death. This death is a sleep over which the second death has no power. This, I was shown.
I was shown that during the millennium, the 144,000 will teach the 11th hour converts to Adventism during the Loud Cry, and they will grow up as calves in the stall.
1For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
4Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.