Original Twelve picked by Jesus:
· John, son of Zebedee, no biblical record of death, he is believed to have died of natural causes due to old age. Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that John was immortalized and he will live to see the Second Coming of Christ.
· Philip was crucified in AD 54.
· Matthew killed by an axe in AD 60.
· Thomas was killed by a spear in Mylapore, Madras, India in AD 72.
· James, son of Alphaeus, beaten to death with a club after being crucified and stoned.
· Jude was crucified.
· Simon the Zealot was crucified in AD 74.
· Judas Iscariot, according to Matthew, hanged himself after betraying Jesus. In Acts, he is described as falling in a field and bursting open. Apologists explain this apparent discrepancy by presuming that he decayed on the tree resulting in a bloating with gas and a weakening of the skin. Then when he was let down from the tree he burst open upon impact.
Replacement for Judas Iscariot picked by the surviving eleven:
· Matthias, Judas' replacement, was stoned and beheaded.